Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:47:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who wants to help rebuild ColossusCoin? (ColossusCoin 2.0 Beta Live 03/01/2015)  (Read 5388 times)
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:00:26 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 10:29:10 AM by Crestington

A new trend is coming in the Altcoin scene, why make a new Coin when you can build equity onto an existing coin?

ColossusCoin

The issues:

Multiple errors in the code, several hardforks, missing balances from BTCLTC, missing balances to Cryptsy (holds approximately 30-40% of the Coins and halted withdrawls)

The Benefits

The name ColossusCoin

Website http://www.colossuscoin.org/

Forums http://www.colossuscointalk.org (Mod)

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Colossuscoin (Mod)

Twitter https://twitter.com/Colossuscoin

reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/ColossusCoin/

Possible solution?

I am thinking a full swap for a new Blockchain would be best, off the exchanges for a period of 3-4 months but that would involve extra coding. I'm not confident in myself that I could do it all on my own since I also work full time and less than a years worth of coding experience but I do have a few prototypes to work with along with a lot of ideas, resources and guides, contact with several exchanges.

What do you guys think? there is more available than just this bit and how would the Coins be handled? What to do about exchanges so that it can remain Proof of Stake only without Exchanges becoming a risk (eg. Moolah)

UPDATE FEB 3, 2014

I am closing this thread since I don't want to have multiple threads cluttering up the forums and confusing everyone as we progress into the final version. All further discussion will be moved to our launch thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941433.0 but keeping this thread as reference to the active progression of the project.

UPDATE NOV 6, 2014

I will be away from Nov. 10th to Nov 20th, heading to Vegas for 30th birthday celebrations. The source here is provided for final improvements. I have added 350k Multiwalletcoin to the development fund and also have another 150k to add as well along with some Mary Jane coin that was given to me. I have contacted a couple people for quotes and will also try to provide a more comprehensive list of funds available for the bounty plus a teaser video which is one of many promotional videos we have ready.

UPDATE NOV 9, 2014

fire rabbit provided a few promotional videos for me and said it was alright if I hosted them here, he does great video work for Crypto and did some work for LiteCoinDark as well.

Here is part 1 of a mini-series to help get people more interested in the ColossusCoin project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRHpZcIqb6I&feature=youtu.be

UPDATE JAN 3, 2015

ColossusCoin 2.0 is now LIVE and Staking

Proof of Work has ended and is now Proof of Stake only

Sourcecode: https://github.com/Crestington/Colossuscoin2test

The Specs

Algorithm: X11

2 minute Blocktime

Proof of Work

190 Million per Block the first 100 Blocks
1000 Coins per Block from Block 100 to 7200 (10 days)
0 Coins per Block after Block 7200

POW ends after Block 7200 (approx. 10 days)

Proof of Stake

7 day minimum age
28 day maximum age
8% a year inflation halving down to 4% every 64 times difficulty (8%, 6%, 5%, 4.5% etc...)
Maximum Stake reward is 25,000 (max block size 4-16 million)
Fee is 20 Coins per 1 kb transaction (sending one transaction up to 6-7 combined inputs)

The reward is Stake Reward (up to 25,000), plus Fees included in the Block

Stake Split threshold is 10 days
Stake Combine threshold is 200,000 Coins

This means that if your Coins Stake before 10 days, it will split your reward into 2 equal sized Blocks regardless of size. If a Block of Coins Stake after 10 days and are less than 200,000, it will combine the Coins and Stake reward into one Block.

Coin Control

Coin control lets you view your transactions and the amount of Coins in each Block you have along with it's confirmations.

You can enable it by going into "settings" then "options" and under the "display" tab, choose "display Coin control" and apply the changes.

Then you go back to the Wallet and go to "Send Coins" and you can now view a list of all your Blocks and can sort it by size, confirmations or addresses.

[/quote]

Staking reward changes and planning a hardfork

I am looking for some help with reward changes and creating a hardfork. There are two bugs here in which need to be resolved.

Bug #1 Actual reward for Staking is almost always the subsidy limit of 25,000 Coins which would lead to an actual amount of inflation of approximately 6 Billion a year.

Bug # 2 Fees are doubled in the Proof of Stake reward. When a fee is collected as part of the transaction, the Proof of Stake Block that confirmed the Block receives the Fee reward twice.

ColossusCoin 2.0 is currently in Private Beta, we can offer Bounties for upgrades and final tweaks to the rewards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sniveling

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:25:07 PM

Why not do a snapshot of the blockchain and create a new V2 coin containing all the old coin's addresses with balances intact? Clam coin did it by taking snapshots of the bitcoin and doge coin blockchains. All you have to do is import your bitcoin or doge coin addresses to get an amount of clam coins proportional to your original balance.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:33:38 PM

Why not do a snapshot of the blockchain and create a new V2 coin containing all the old coin's addresses with balances intact? Clam coin did it by taking snapshots of the bitcoin and doge coin blockchains. All you have to do is import your bitcoin or doge coin addresses to get an amount of clam coins proportional to your original balance.

Do you have a link or example you can provide? I like this idea but it is easier to visualize in practice. I also know the guy that did the ADT swap but he wanted 3k which is what he charged Zack way back in Jan when all the Alts were hitting their peak.
sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:16:06 PM

Do you have a link or example you can provide? I like this idea but it is easier to visualize in practice. I also know the guy that did the ADT swap but he wanted 3k which is what he charged Zack way back in Jan when all the Alts were hitting their peak.

The clam coin source code is available here.

https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams

The clam coin thread is at this link (CLAMs is trading on poloniex).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.0

There is also a thread discussing various techniques of doing snapshots here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563972.0
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:18:23 PM

Christ, is ColossusCoin still not fixed yet? I've still got my dead wallet gathering dust on a backup drive.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
youandme123

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:44:16 PM

thanks.crestington
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:20:23 PM

Christ, is ColossusCoin still not fixed yet? I've still got my dead wallet gathering dust on a backup drive.

I need help with the coding, looking for people who want to help but all this Blocknet Stuff is drowning out the thread. I don't have the money to pay for it all myself, I did spend about 1-1.5 BTC earlier this year on getting a POS coin made but it was based off of CommunityCoin but the Coin Control didn't work plus extra work was needed. When trying to do further work on it with the coder, he said he suffers from massive migraines and then was hospitalized and he hasn't been active on the forums since.

I don't really want to do an ICO/IPO and hold onto people's funds without a tangible product.

A custom Coin would be best so it can be adequately scaled, we could work with the entire float with a high emphasis on Fee's.

A few points that have been discussed.

ColossusCoin is known for a large Float but 313 Billion is a very large float and can restrict trade.

What we could do is create the initial Float of 19 Billion and Swap the Coins at a 1:20 ratio which would leave approximately 25% of the Coins left over if everyone swapped over. The possible issue with this is that there may be a very small amount of people who swap over and alot of Coins left over. To do it where it is an equal swap and trade with Cryptsy and the other exchanges is that it would be likely that people would never withdraw their Coins from the Exchanges which is also bad for the network and may possibly leave no room for future funding.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:39:55 PM

Also, I am very proud of all the work that has been done on the forums and website so far which is a huge plus for those who want to help.

I helped setup the forums alongside Sudo23 and Heat007 as a type of 3 step forums with Public, Members, and Development Team sections along with Shoutbox and newsletters. It could easily house a few thousand members the way it's setup and makes it far easier to do all kinds of work without the noise of Bitcointalk. Further on what I'd like to include would be an open chat system such as Comet/Apex Chat along with 2FA and a higher emphasis on Security/Community.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:25:30 AM

If you would like to see an update on all the discussion we have had on all aspects of rebuilding the coin from scratch you can view the entire thread at http://colossuscointalk.org/index.php?topic=545.75

Here is a picture of a previous Prototype based on WhiteCoin (bug in Staking)

I have been working on a final adaption of HoboNickels as Proof of Stake Only, the problem I am having is the change from destruction of fees in Stake to the addition of fees along with making sure that it is only Proof of Stake Blocks being signed and the initial mining.

You can view the Github respository here and full changes against the original code https://www.github.com/Crestington/ColossusCoin2

Here is a picture after creating a new Genesis Block, I'm not sure the reason/reasons for this

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:28:21 PM

Bump
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:10:56 AM

For those of you who are fairly new around here, Colossuscointalk recently celebrated it's 1 year anniversary. I would like to thank Sudo23 who has managed the webite and forums over the last year as well as helped bring many changes to the look and functionality to both colossuscoin.org and colossuscointalk.org. In February/March of this year, Sudo23 and Heat007 did a full overhaul of the look of the main website and the forums, and I helped with organizing layout, categorizing the forums and permissions for all members. Gone are the days of dreary Black and Orange and hello to bright, cheery and functional.

My strong point is in forum management and conflict resolution and will continue to pursue this so help us create something truly Epic.

mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:47:36 AM

Interesting reading Sniveling. Thanks for the leg work and listing the resources.

The clam coin source code is available here.

https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams

The clam coin thread is at this link (CLAMs is trading on poloniex).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.0

There is also a thread discussing various techniques of doing snapshots here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563972.0

Nullu

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:22:18 PM

How functional is ColossusCoin? Can coins be sent/received?

If so, then it is possible to create a service that allows you to trade one coin for another. In this case, the old COL for the new coin. To resolve the issue of float, you can change the cap on the new coin, and send the user the % equivalent of the new coin, like for like.

So user A owns 0.0014% of COL cap. He sends those coins to the service, and receives 0.0014% of the new COL coin cap.

If you wanted to tweak it further by reducing/increasing the overall share, then you just add/remove a percentage multiplier to the percentage. So you could double their total share of all COL, or half it, for example.

This makes it entirely scalable and workable with any coin cap, and each user will get the same percentage share even if the cap of the new coin is much lower.

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:38:26 PM

If so, then it is possible to create a service that allows you to trade one coin for another. In this case, the old COL for the new coin. To resolve the issue of float, you can change the cap on the new coin, and send the user the % equivalent of the new coin, like for like.

So user A owns 0.0014% of COL cap. He sends those coins to the service, and receives 0.0014% of the new COL coin cap.

If you wanted to tweak it further by reducing/increasing the overall share, then you just add/remove a percentage multiplier to the percentage. So you could double their total share of all COL, or half it, for example.

This makes it entirely scalable and workable with any coin cap, and each user will get the same percentage share even if the cap of the new coin is much lower.

I'm not fully confident that it can be traded like that as of yet. Sudo and I have done tests over the last few months sending transactions and have seen instances where Col Coins were sent but not received. Zackclark70 was nice enough to put me in contact with the guy that did the swap service for ADT and he said he would do it for the same price as he charged Zack which was 3k USD but that was back in February/March and more expensive than it needs to be.

The cheapest option would probably be to use escrow, I'm pretty sure a few good escrow I have met would do it for some of the finished product where you send in your wallet.dat and it gets destroyed and in return you get an agreed upon amount of of new coins to the new wallet.

It would be good to first offer a Cryptocurrency in which offers an advantage to all holders and trade that for present ColossusCoins which are not being traded alongside other fiat currencies (all coins which are in peoples wallets off the exchanges). Once complete, we can decide how to handle the Coins on Cryptsy, the best option in my mind would be to have some kind of vote on the percentage to swap it over for or what kind of trade so that it becomes a choice but is beneficial for both sides since you have immediate and large distribution.

The step I am working on is first making sure the new structure is as well designed as possible so that it creates the very minimum amount of Bloat over time and fast connection/sync speed so that you can always connect a full node 1, 2, 5, 10 years down the line. I am very much a fan of Tranz work on HoboNickels, his design on the GUI is top notch and faster than BlackCoin. I would want to blend some of the elements of each into a Proof of Stake only environment with an easy to use layout of the wallet (as pictured earlier, based on WhiteCoin).

Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:40:55 PM

And here we go!  Grin Grin Grin

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 03:25:06 AM

cant wait for this, i love COL team and will help to promote it Smiley

Nullu

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:38:14 PM

I'm not fully confident that it can be traded like that as of yet. Sudo and I have done tests over the last few months sending transactions and have seen instances where Col Coins were sent but not received. Zackclark70 was nice enough to put me in contact with the guy that did the swap service for ADT and he said he would do it for the same price as he charged Zack which was 3k USD but that was back in February/March and more expensive than it needs to be.

The cheapest option would probably be to use escrow, I'm pretty sure a few good escrow I have met would do it for some of the finished product where you send in your wallet.dat and it gets destroyed and in return you get an agreed upon amount of of new coins to the new wallet.

It would be good to first offer a Cryptocurrency in which offers an advantage to all holders and trade that for present ColossusCoins which are not being traded alongside other fiat currencies (all coins which are in peoples wallets off the exchanges). Once complete, we can decide how to handle the Coins on Cryptsy, the best option in my mind would be to have some kind of vote on the percentage to swap it over for or what kind of trade so that it becomes a choice but is beneficial for both sides since you have immediate and large distribution.

The step I am working on is first making sure the new structure is as well designed as possible so that it creates the very minimum amount of Bloat over time and fast connection/sync speed so that you can always connect a full node 1, 2, 5, 10 years down the line. I am very much a fan of Tranz work on HoboNickels, his design on the GUI is top notch and faster than BlackCoin. I would want to blend some of the elements of each into a Proof of Stake only environment with an easy to use layout of the wallet (as pictured earlier, based on WhiteCoin).

Why can't Col simply be forked to a working POS coin? Anyone who currently has cols would just use their current wallet.dat with the new wallet.

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:12:21 PM

Why can't Col simply be forked to a working POS coin? Anyone who currently has cols would just use their current wallet.dat with the new wallet.

I don't know how many coins Cryptsy owns that are unaccounted for, I and many others have had coins disappear on their market and I'm not comfortable with Cryptsy owning 30-40% of the Coins right off the bat since most people never withdraw their coins to Stake. Also there needs to be a funding measure, IMO a hardfork would take away that option, plus it's better to start with a fresh Blockchain instead of 750mb Blockchain as it would be more efficient over time.
youandme123

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:30:43 AM

it is a great idea.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 12:09:00 PM

A new trend is coming in the Altcoin scene, why make a new Coin when you can build equity onto an existing coin?

lol why would you build equity onto an coin, where most coins are already divided among people that dont really much care of it, since they put it into situation as it is?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: