Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:46:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Amoveo blockchain [ Prediction Markets | Turing complete channels ]  (Read 24042 times)
zack-aeternity (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 10:44:30 AM
Merited by jadefalke (1), liotmaan (1), shiggidy (1)

Github main link: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OlgaZb

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:45:40 AM

will be some kind of bounty? give more information!
winkywobble

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:39:56 AM

Is this supposed to be a release or something? Mainnet launch? Nah can't be that, that web based miner has been active for months
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:54:23 AM

Is this supposed to be a release or something? Mainnet launch? Nah can't be that, that web based miner has been active for months

Says on the page that main net launched on March 2, 2018. Ninja mine? And SHA256 for a new coin? It's going to be susceptible to attack.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1451
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:58:19 AM

The Mainnet of Amoveo is already launched and running Smooth.

The Discord Channel is: https://discord.gg/DZ5j2CH

Telegram Channel is : https://t.me/joinchat/HU21BlMNjNN3OJuaUFGn8w

Block Explorer can be found here: http://www.veoscan.io

Pool and Miner can be found here: https://www.amoveopool2.com
zack-aeternity (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 12:04:07 PM

Says on the page that main net launched on March 2, 2018. Ninja mine? And SHA256 for a new coin? It's going to be susceptible to attack.

We announced Amoveo on many other platforms.
Amoveo has a governance mechanism to change the block reward. If many new users join at once, then it would make sense for us to increase the block reward, that way we don't over-reward the early participants. This prevents the "ninja mine" problem you mention.

It is not compatible with Bitcoin miners.
Amoveo use single SHA256, and the header is smaler. overall, the Amoveo mining algorithm is about 4x shorter than the Bitcoin mining algorithm.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1451
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:07:15 PM

There was no Ninja mining, the Holdings are well distributed.
Manollo

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:32:22 PM

I found amoveo on reddit at beginning and everbody who is familiar with crypto programming will see the the genius and unique technology behind it. Nothing else to add

Enjoy 2018  with amoveo. I'n on board.  Smiley

@Zack great job
goto2013

Activity: 258
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:57:42 PM
Merited by jadefalke (1)

We announced Amoveo on many other platforms.
Amoveo has a governance mechanism to change the block reward. If many new users join at once, then it would make sense for us to increase the block reward, that way we don't over-reward the early participants. This prevents the "ninja mine" problem you mention.

It is not compatible with Bitcoin miners.
Amoveo use single SHA256, and the header is smaler. overall, the Amoveo mining algorithm is about 4x shorter than the Bitcoin mining algorithm.

to increase the block reward sounds like a really good idea, if u want to destroy your own project zack ;-)

it destroys all the trust u build as the leader of this project. the community as growing since day 1 with this block reward, no need for a change...

Lenina.shop - Pay with btc and other crypto coins - German based online Stor
zack-aeternity (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 01:20:45 PM

to increase the block reward sounds like a really good idea, if u want to destroy your own project zack ;-)

it destroys all the trust u build as the leader of this project. the community as growing since day 1 with this block reward, no need for a change...

No individual has the power to change the block reward. The entire community participates in governance.

I am not a leader in the way you think. I don't have the power to make decisions like that.

If I am a leader, it is only because I try things first and teach others what I have learned.
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:40:06 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 03:00:03 PM by Sam123

Hi Zack,

I notice on your web site that we can mine Amoveo using Nvidia or CPU. Do you have AMD miner on Windows we can use please?
Are you going to do some sort of funding for example a contribution (Not ICO- nothing will be promises) to be able to hire maybe a web dev, etc ...
In exchange distribute some Amoveo coin?
Again I'm very exited about this project and Good luck

vrathamon

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:47:41 PM

The Amoveo community has already been mining the live blockchain for a few months.  If you want some Veo, you can probably buy some from Zack or other (mining) community members.

Hi Zack,

I notice on youe web site that we can mine Amoveo using Nvidia or CPU. Do you have AMD miner on Windows we can use please?
Are you going to do some sort of funding for example a contribution (Not ICO- nothing will be promises) to be able to hire maybe a web dev, etc ...

Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:23:40 PM

The Amoveo community has already been mining the live blockchain for a few months.  If you want some Veo, you can probably buy some from Zack or other (mining) community members.

Hi Zack,

I notice on your web site that we can mine Amoveo using Nvidia or CPU. Do you have AMD miner on Windows we can use please?

Hi Zack,
I just sent you PM.

Please let me know if somebody is willing to sell some Amoveo coin?
Thanks
zack-aeternity (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 03:45:39 PM

Hi Zack,

I think that this one works with AMD: https://github.com/PhamHuong92/VeoMiner

Ask in the mining part of discord: https://discord.gg/tYyQcR

I am not planning on hiring anyone. We should use dominant assurance contracts for that: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/use-cases-and-ideas/raising_funds.md

Thanks for the support. I am excited about Amoveo too.
lyndonr

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:11:02 PM

Hi Zack,

I think that this one works with AMD: https://github.com/PhamHuong92/VeoMiner

Ask in the mining part of discord: https://discord.gg/tYyQcR

I am not planning on hiring anyone. We should use dominant assurance contracts for that: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/use-cases-and-ideas/raising_funds.md

Thanks for the support. I am excited about Amoveo too.

Ok Thanks,
I just start mining now (using AMD RX480 -5GPUs). I'm using the following command:
veominer BEzXXXXXXXXXXX 1,2,3,4,5 192 128 SEED 65536 0

Is the following normal? I'm just consuming 115 Watt (Not normal)

PlatformId: 0, All GPU Devices: 1
Device: 0, Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
PlatformId: 1, All GPU Devices: 5
Device: 0, Name: Ellesmere
Device: 1, Name: Fiji
Device: 2, Name: Ellesmere
Device: 3, Name: Ellesmere
Device: 4, Name: Ellesmere
-----------------------------------------------------------------
PlatformId: 0, Selected GPU Devices:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
New work. Share Difficulty: 6220
New work. Share Difficulty: 6220

veominer.exe <Address> <DeviceIds> <BlockSize> <NumBlocks> <RandomSeed> <SuffixMax> <PlatformId> <AutoLocal> <PoolUrl>

U may need PlatformId and PoolUrl

;]
BornOppenheimer

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:47:21 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 03:11:56 AM by BornOppenheimer

i'm reading this and laughing my ass off, people got that lazy/stupid that can't read readme to miner and meddle with it for 5 minutes to actually start mining. I guess nowadays you just need a buttom 'giefmaymuhmunniy'
They are also incapable to read a very good documentation and info on github about the project....but the first thing is to ask about bounty though..lol.. What a joke cryptospace have become

To sum up for the impatient- amoveo is what augur and aeternity wanted to be.. AND there was no ICO here, how cool is that, huh?
To the people complaining about ninjamining and shit- these claims are very stupid, zack made announcement a long time ago, right after he was forced to leave aeternity. There was a testnet period for quite a long time actually, after that mainnet was announced and everyone was welcome to start mining starting from the very first block. I think it was not announced here because bitcointalk announcements are a stupid joke nowadays. Literally whole section of altcoins is a steaming pile of rotting shit

I'm sorry for people who missed this gem because all those people were doing is swimming in shite and you don't find diamonds in shite unless somebody eventually will drop it to you
liotmaan

Activity: 324
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:32:46 AM

I'm very very much digging the non-ICO open sourced projects that are replacing their ICO versions like this with Augur/AE, Ravencoin with securities based ICOs, and a few others. Thanks, devs!
megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:49:41 PM

Next big grassroots coin. The dev is immensely talented and built MVP's for Augur & Aeternity.
Mine or buy.

bagholder since 2013
My sig space is not for sale.
BornOppenheimer

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:45:54 AM

What's with the censorship on the discord ? :O
You think that the buyers that are easily manipulable people might get scared with some math or something ? :O

anyways, the harvey weinstein thingy on your whitepaper was so fucking hilarious, couldn't take anything serious after that (it wasn't even the funniest one)
Also, you might want to lower those Pools payouts that are keeping coins hostage from the little guys that are mining and won't be able to withdraw in the next 100 days (or more).
And, is there an offline version of that paper wallet page or the github is so damn unorganized ?

i've been on discord since it started, never saw censorship except for banning spammers. Knowing Zack i think he would ban a scamer. There was a guy wanting to sell a lot, but he could not possess so much (it's a blockchain... and a new one so it is easy to track large amounts).
zack-aeternity (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:04:20 AM

What's with the censorship on the discord ? :O
You think that the buyers that are easily manipulable people might get scared with some math or something ? :O

anyways, the harvey weinstein thingy on your whitepaper was so fucking hilarious, couldn't take anything serious after that (it wasn't even the funniest one)
Also, you might want to lower those Pools payouts that are keeping coins hostage from the little guys that are mining and won't be able to withdraw in the next 100 days (or more).
And, is there an offline version of that paper wallet page or the github is so damn unorganized ?

I have only had to delete 1 person on discord. They were making lots of messages in the trading channel, and the messages were not related to trading. They continued to spam even after other members of the community told them it is a trading channel.
This person can easily re-join discord with a new account. The invite links are all set to never expire.

I wrote Amoveo in order to prevent abusive relationships.
If you don't like this goal, then don't participate in our community.
There are plenty of other blockchain projects for you.

I don't control the pool payouts. I don't run amoveopool2.

The main readme has a section that says "Light Node".
That is where it explains how to have an offline cold storage.
https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: