Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:07:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122930 times)
CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:16:27 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2018, 05:17:29 PM by CaptDero
Merited by StonerStanley (4), Coindgr (1), Dr.Lecter (1), Hovhannes (1), --Serena-- (1), cpmcgrat (1), tangyi005 (1), Azzi (1), bineva17 (1), acryptodealer (1)

How to start using Dero                Downloads                Whitepaper                Support      

About DERO  

The Dero Project has written a unique new blockchain technology that is based on the Dag and CryptoNote protocol with double spend protection. Dero's goal is to create a unique state of the art blockchain technology with enhanced reliability, privacy, security, usability, and portability by bringing together some of the best proven technologies like the CryptoNote protocol and smart contracts, thereby allowing for the creation of truly private smart contracts.

The Dero development team has implemented complete SSL across the Dero network which is a first on any blockchain. This encrypts the entirety of our network traffic, which greatly reduces our attack surface, while simultaneously preventing ISPs or other users from analyzing Dero’s network traffic.

First blockchain to have: DeroDAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + Complete SSL + POW .
    Blocktime 12 secs + Confirmation times 2 mins.

Traditional 51% attacks are not possible on DERO network.

Dero is one of the very few blockchains built from scratch:  https://twitter.com/cryptic_monk/status/999227961059528704

DERO in single image:

DERO facts:

DERO DAG mining POW in action:  https://stats.atlantis.dero.live/

DERO ROCKET Bulletproofs:

Discord is preferred  mode for communication and support: https://discord.gg/aQcphjF

Dero's Key Features  

DERO blockchain has the following salient features:

DAG Based: No orphan blocks, No soft-forks.[/li]

•    12 Second Block time.
          Extremely fast transactions with 2 minutes confirmation time.
          SSL/TLS P2P Network.
          CryptoNote: Fully Encrypted Blockchain
          BulletProofs: Zero Knowledge range-proofs(NIZK).
          Ring signatures.
          Fully Auditable Supply.
          DERO blockchain is written from scratch in Golang.
          Developed and maintained by original developers.

DERO Network Stats

About The Developers  

There are three developers working on the Dero Project. Dero's research and development team are devoted full time to the project, and can often be found in our Slack channel.

Dero Specifications  

• Proof-of-work (PoW) algorithm: CryptoNight
    • Max supply: 18.4 million for the first 8 years followed by an infinite emission rate after year 8 of ~157,000 DERO/year
    • Block reward: Smoothly varying
    • Block time: 12 seconds
    • Difficulty: Retargets at every block
    • Ticker: DERO

Dero's Roadmap  

• Q1/2018 - Dero's new unique blockchain written and full Activation. - Completed ahead of schedule with the extra addition of complete SSL across Dero's network
    • Q2/2018 - Record CryptoNote TX/sec, GUI wallets, sub addresses and smart contract testing.
    • Q3/2018 - Smart contract support on chain. Q3 2018.
    • Q4/2018 - Strategic market expansion, team growth, and more (coming soon).

Dero Related Links  

Resource Links  

FORUM: https://forum.dero.io/
    EXPLORER: https://explorer.dero.io
    POOL LIST: https://forum.dero.io/t/dero-mining-pool-list/147
    OFFICIAL POOL: http://pool.dero.live/
    BINARIES: http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/

Exchanges & Stats:
    EXCHANGE: https://stocks.exchange/trade/DERO/BTC
    EXCHANGE: https://tradeogre.com/exchange/BTC-DERO
    Stats: https://coinlib.io/coin/DERO/DERO
    Stats: https://coincodex.com/crypto/dero/
    Stats: https://www.difficultychart.com/dero
    Stats: https://www.cryptunit.com/coin/DERO

Important Information  

Premine total: 2 million Dero( ~10% of total supply)
    Dero has no ICO, or community funding of any kind. A premine was deemed to be necessary for the long term development and success of the project.
    Premine coins are not locked atm as DERO Atlantis network runs 10 times faster than original network. DERO Atlantis network has 12 seconds block-time compared to 2 mins original.
    Original Plan to lock premine was based on structure mentioned in https://github.com/deroproject/documentation/blob/master/WhitePaper.md  But due to numerous innovations in DERO blockchain expect minor changes in premine structure for the betterment and further advancement of DERO Project.
    Exact locking structure will be published in third quarter 2018. Premine will remain intact till further updates. All concerned keep watch for an updated release before taking any decisions.

Full Premine intact as of 12 July 2018, Till date in last eight months every expense has been borne by developers from their personal funds.
    Premine wallet view key: f221cf4f77d11f0061f3e4c9615540cbc2d2d532ac2f08c623d2a72ad0145d702b7e5941737e041 6eebaba30c3c30b517a14db1efa9aa13b119e31c380313603

CaptDero gpg key:  0F39 E425 8C65 3947 702A  8234 08B2 0360 A03A 9DE8
    Full public key: https://forum.dero.io/t/developers-gpg-public-key/50

There is no ICO, just hard proof-of-work mining.

[/list]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    jr_007

Activity: 196
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 12:38:34 PM

No qt wallets ? Whats the block reward ?
    CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 01:20:52 PM
    Last edit: April 15, 2018, 01:45:54 PM by CaptDero

Few of the best encouraging comments you will see in following pages.
    Thanks for your love and respect .

OK, I see the point about completing the technical roadmap before a more general widespread promotion/listing of the coin.

Is this proceeding smoothly/to plan, do you think?

Better than I expected, can't speak for others though. The project is barely 2 months old, and the devs have already showcased / beta tested a fully functional daemon in Golang. That's more than some other projects I'm involved with have accomplished in 6 months.

Yep, I agree. The steady progress and calm demeanor of our fearless CaptDero is why I switched some GPU hashpower back over to this coin even though the difficulty is horrendous and the present-day income/day is terrible.

Gotta love this developer, so active in communicating, great english, seems like a nice guy, and is creating a great project here.  

I do have one issue though, I really want to be able to use a GUI wallet, and I'm wondering whats the progress on that?

Thanks

Totally agree with this.  Progress is quite fast for such a development task.  I've come to fully understand the potential here after some responses from CptDero and I'm very much sold on this team/project.

Congratulation! The most hardworking dev I've ever seen in crypto world. This is why Dero is far more the leader of Crypto Night family. Hold Dero for years and you guys will see great rewards.

+1 for Capt. DERO.

This a very impressive project and it runs at lightspeed!

Developers from the community will soon volunteer to upgrade the website if DERO keeps getting so much attention.

Hah, I was just going to post that I have been shifting hashpower over to DERO the last couple of days and taking it away from ****, specifically, and for similar reasons: DERO is making excellent progress while **** seems to be stuck in the mud.

This a very impressive project and it runs at lightspeed!

So true. Here we are just over 2 months into the project, and already we have a test release of a daemon, wallet, and explorer completely rewritten in Go. There are projects with far more developers that have achieved a lot less in way more time *cough* **** *cough*.

5 years in crypto and this is the first project that truly excites me as something more than a short term money maker. We're lucky and privileged to be part of it IMHO.

Last 3-4 cryptonight coins i mined wasnt success . Will wait for some days to start mining .

Well it´s not at all a coin, more a platform, probably the only with focus in privacy

Funny thing is, all cryptonight coins I mined were success so far in terms of return. This one's definitely the secret weapon, the first cryptonight coin I actually want to use myself.  Grin

there are actually a few coins coming out focusing on privacy now, but I have a feeling Dero will crush them. The team is highly dedicated and the community is awesome so far!!

The idea isn't to build something that is fancier than it needs to be. But the idea is to innovate and keep pesky asics off the network in a way that shows everyone the dero team's technical ability. If making a new algo for each block is unreasonable/crazy then the team doesn't need to spend months banging their head up against the wall trying something they cant make happen. But if we can differentiate dero, before smart contracts are launched, from other cryptonote coins that says a lot about the Captains ability to make new tech. He has already proved he has insane ability. Re-writing a protocol in a new language from scratch is not easy. But if he can make a new protocol before smart contracts, at that point I would need to sell the farm to go all-in.

PS:
    anyone who thinks this isn't that big of a feat, go back to the monero hydra we forked from originally and try to understand the code. Dependencies on dependencies on dependencies, you have to understand blockchain, cryptography, bitwise operators, cryptonote public/private key schemes which are very complex. This guy re-wrote everything in a short amount of time, he can make computers do crazy things. He can also make a blockchain however he damn pleases

Replaced Other Projects names as ****.
    Azzi

Activity: 152

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 01:37:25 PM

I found a block but the wallet shows zero balance
    jr_007

Activity: 196

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 01:51:32 PM

2million premine is very high. Is there any bounty\airdrop planned from this ?
    CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 01:56:33 PM

wait for sometime meanwhile issue "show_transfers"  to see transaction.
    Azzi

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:01:40 PM

Nothing there. Either the wallet or the blockchain are broken. Fix it asap or nobody will mine. I stopped after seeing no rewards from 2 blocks.
    CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:08:00 PM

2million premine is very high. Is there any bounty\airdrop planned from this ?

i assume all are aware that there is lot lot of work to bring smart contract to the chain especially which doesn't have native support of it .
    We also have plan to rewrite in go in coming months devoting full time to this project. We will soon release the roadmap and you/community can decide and justify everything after going through it.
    We also have plan to fund cryptographers whose services will be used to bring security and confidence to the project.
    Everything will planned based on community and success of the project.
    You are welcome.
    cryptomen101

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:08:12 PM

I like this No ICO just hard POW mining Smiley ,for miner friendly Smiley watching up

THE CRYPTO CURRENCY OF THE FUTURE!    ●            RACE            ●    ✔ Fast  ✔ Secure  ✔ Anonymous
    ▄▄▄ ▄█ ███       Masternodes  |  PoW  |  Secure  |  ASIC resistant  |  Lyra2REv2       ███ █▄ ▄▄▄
    DISCORD                TWITTER                GITHUB
    qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:17:05 PM

I see for its very nice features for this project. With the extraordinary security of making this an extraordinary going forward.

CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:17:38 PM

Nothing there. Either the wallet or the blockchain are broken. Fix it asap or nobody will mine. I stopped after seeing no rewards from 2 blocks.

Can you pls issue following 4 commands
    1] status        command in your daemon
    2] refresh  command in your wallet
    3] show_transfers    command in your wallet
    4]  balance     command  in wallet

Also you have to wait 20 blocks or  more ~ an hour to get unlocked balance.
    xaeder

Activity: 90
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:18:58 PM

Any plans for the future? Promotion, roadmap?
    Azzi

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:27:13 PM

Can you pls issue following 4 commands
    1] status        command in your daemon
    2] refresh  command in your wallet
    3] show_transfers    command in your wallet
    4]  balance     command  in wallet

Also you have to wait 20 blocks or  more ~ an hour to get unlocked balance.
    [wallet dERomd]: status
    Refreshed 722/722, synced, daemon RPC v1.13
    [wallet dERomd]: refresh
    Starting refresh...
    Refresh done, blocks received: 0
    Balance: 0.000000000000, unlocked balance: 0.000000000000
    [wallet dERomd]: show_transfers
    [wallet dERomd]: balance
    Balance: 0.000000000000, unlocked balance: 0.000000000000
    loatchoat

Activity: 210
    Merit: 101

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:28:53 PM

Oh wth, one more another cryptonight coin

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
    Merit: 106

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:30:50 PM

Nice 1year premine Grin.
    CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:32:49 PM

I like this No ICO just hard POW mining Smiley ,for miner friendly Smiley watching up

thanks, you are welcome, we have the skills and we choose the hard way its better for whole crypto community if there are any advancements.
    ahmadmoussa

Activity: 25
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:38:12 PM

Hello DEV. Your coin is not really eye-catching, it lacks a lot of information, such as whitepaper, roadmap, team dev, programs bounty, twitter, facebook, ...
    cryptojai

Activity: 238
    Merit: 101

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:43:01 PM

Last 3-4 cryptonight coins i mined wasnt success . Will wait for some days to start mining .
    CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:49:38 PM

We hope no one gets disappointed ,especially from devs and their quality of work. Hope to see you soon mining on dero network.
    rooster2000bka

Activity: 299
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    December 05, 2017, 02:55:35 PM

Dear friend
    Where i can buy this coin and you have any bounty progam for all meber in next time?
    Thanks
    Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 222 »
      Print  

Jump to: