Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin2Cash.com - Cash-Only Marketplace  (Read 16851 times)
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2011, 01:44:49 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2011, 06:27:32 AM by bitcoin2cash

I've just launched the new design of the website which now features an automated system.

https://www.bitcoin2cash.com/

You can open an account by logging in with any valid OpenID login. Once logged in, you can fund your account with BTC by sending to an address tied with your account or with USD by sending cash by mail (no change!) to our business address. Once your account is funded, you can sell BTC by setting an ask amount/price or you can buy BTC by setting a bid amount/price. Trades are performed every 5 minutes. The only fee is a shipping and handling fee when you request a cash withdrawal, which is currently $5.00 but will change as soon I get things running smoothly and figure out a fair price.

So, to start things rolling and generate some interest, I've just opened my own account, deposited 10 BTC and set an ask price for $0.10 for them. The first person that gets a dollar in their account and bids on them will win. On April 15th, I will do the same thing with 100 BTC at a price of $0.20. On May 1st, I will do this yet again with 1000 BTC at a price of $0.40. (assuming BTC prices don't drop drastically, in which case I will lower the price so that it is still far below market price)

The site is brand new and although I've tested it extensively, it's possible that some bugs remain so please be advised.

Also, even if you aren't interested in cash trades, you can still open an account and use it as a safety deposit box for your BTC without worrying about running the Bitcoin client yourself. You also get to take advantage of our automated encrypted backups that are stored on redundant cloud storage services.

Thanks for reading!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 02:56:28 AM

Why OpenID?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2011, 03:05:44 AM

Why OpenID?

It makes things easier for me. I don't need to worry about managing passwords, verifying email addresses, recovering lost passwords, etc.
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 11:26:41 AM

Nice design and great work sir.
Hatchetfox

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 12:06:32 PM

Looks promising! ^^
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 07:33:17 PM

Why OpenID?
It makes things easier for me.

It turned me off.

I'm not saying OpenID is bad. I'm saying I don't know anything about it, and couldn't be bothered learning, so I didn't sign up to your site.

Just letting you know because others might feel the same way.

LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 07:42:51 PM

Why OpenID?

It turned me off.

I'm not saying OpenID is bad. I'm saying I don't know anything about it, and couldn't be bothered learning, so I didn't sign up to your site.

The advantage of OpenID is that you may not even need to sign up: it's entirely possible you already have an OpenID account (possibly without realising it). If you have, say, MySpace account, WordPress blog, Steam account, TypePad blog or Launchpad account then you'll already have an OpenID account. Check the list: there are lots more OpenID providers I've not listed, and the Wikipedia list is likely incomplete.

This space intentionally left blank.
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
April 03, 2011, 03:41:41 AM

The advantage of OpenID is that you may not even need to sign up: it's entirely possible you already have an OpenID account (possibly without realising it). If you have, say, MySpace account, WordPress blog, Steam account, TypePad blog or Launchpad account then you'll already have an OpenID account. Check the list: there are lots more OpenID providers I've not listed, and the Wikipedia list is likely incomplete.

Ah okay, thanks.

I don't.

hippich

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 03, 2011, 03:21:32 PM

Why OpenID?

It turned me off.

I believe at this point any serious bitcoin user will not be afraid of new technologies. And only people who are not going to do real business will not use OpenID.. So bitcoin2cash did not loose anything =))

Alex Beckenham

View Profile
April 03, 2011, 04:17:37 PM

I believe at this point any serious bitcoin user will not be afraid of new technologies.
I agree. In the past 2 weeks, I have discovered and studied non-stop bitcoin, tor, truecrypt, gpg, linux, json.

My brain would explode if I seriously added something else at this point.

And only people who are not going to do real business will not use OpenID.

Can't comment on that as I don't know enough about it yet.

doopokko

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 05:46:45 AM

Has anyone funded a bitcoin2cash account by mail yet?

I'd love to hear any feedback (positive or negative) with the site, as well as any feedback on sending cash through the mail. Is this generally considerd safe? What are the best practices?
JamezQ

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 06:02:32 AM

The first person that gets a dollar in their account and bids on them will win.

I have done this, do I win?
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 06:10:33 AM

Has anyone funded a bitcoin2cash account by mail yet?

I'd love to hear any feedback (positive or negative) with the site, as well as any feedback on sending cash through the mail. Is this generally considerd safe? What are the best practices?

I haven't received any funds since the new website was launched but back before it was automated the largest transaction was $1,000 in $100 bills. It's best to use security envelopes with the cash wrapped in something like magazine pages. Also, please don't put our business name on the envelopes.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 06:13:51 AM

(adding thread to my watchlist)

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
eMansipater

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 10:14:43 AM

Ah okay, thanks.

I don't.

Google accounts are also OpenID compatible.

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 02:20:04 PM

I'll just put this here.

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=5386.msg80015#msg80015

If I knew how to move our conversation to this thread, I would.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 07:23:09 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2011, 08:16:36 PM by bitcoin2cash

I'll just put this here.

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=5386.msg80015#msg80015

If I knew how to move our conversation to this thread, I would.

Even better, why not send me your concerns for my safety in private? What's your desire to criticize me publicly if you're not trying to shake confidence in my business? I just find it odd that the only other cash-by-mail Bitcoin exchange has such a keen interest in my safety while nobody else does. Maybe it's because you have a unique perspective but by making it public, it looks more like professional jealousy.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 07:37:51 PM

Your safety is completely relevant to the community. Are there contingencies in place should you be imprisoned/killed?

NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 07:52:44 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2011, 08:15:47 PM by bitcoin2cash

Are there contingencies in place should you be imprisoned/killed?

That's not concern for my safety. That's concern for the safety of your assets.

It's also a valid question. TheMadHatter is getting personal, telling me not to keep drugs in my house, calling me an amateur, telling me that my business is doomed to fail because of fake complaints, etc. That kind of stuff has no business being said publicly if done out of genuine concern. Otherwise, it's just pot-stirring. I can take criticism but I take issue with TheMadHatter trying to act as if he isn't motivated by his own personal agenda.

But to answer your question, yes. If I'm imprisoned/killed, my partner will take over. If we are both are out of commission then my lawyers will be able to shut down the business and settle all current debts.
WakiMiko

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 11:54:39 PM

I am getting an "Invalid withdrawl amount!" error when I try to withdraw BTC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: