Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:47:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NewYorkCoin (symbol: NYC) Updates & News  (Read 22720 times)
jamesburrell2 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:44:20 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 03:20:17 PM by jamesburrell2
Merited by Hobbyist (10)

2018 is starting off well for the NewYorkCoin community! ***UPDATE Feb. 2018***

NewYorkCoin community has a new website http://nycoin.community

New website features:
Community developers are also working on various mobile and desktop wallet solutions (check Github https://github.com/NewYorkCoin-NYC for more info).

Businesses located in the USA, China, and Ireland are accepting NewYorkCoin for goods and services and additional prospects are being sought daily.

Coinomi multi-coin wallet, a free secure source-available Multi-Coin Multi-Asset HD wallet for Bitcoin, Altcoins, and Tokens (http://coinomi.com) has incorporated NewYorkCoin among its supported cryptos.

The NewYorkCoin Telegram chat has expanded to over 1000 members

Discord channel is our most active with multi-language chatrooms and a NewYorkCoin tipbot to receive NewYorkCoin and send NewYorkCoin to other community members for their contributions!
NewYorkCoin websites are hosted and in multiple languages, which further demonstrates the global reach of New York.  For example, go to:

***Personal Note: I invite anyone who is new or established in the cryptocurrency community to read this exceptionally written article by Adam Ludwin, the founder of Chain.com so you can understand what crypto is:  https://blog.chain.com/a-letter-to-jamie-dimon-de89d417cb80   please read it, don't skim it***

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:52:36 PM

Do you have whitepaper for that coin ? cause when i visit to their official website no whitepaper i can read there, also "about" page at that website only 5 line text. explain nothing

OUR STORY

NewYorkCoin launched on March 6th, 2014. Original developer disappeared at launch and is still unknown to this date. NewYorkCoin is a fair launch cryptocurrency with no pre-mine.

NYC is completely open-source with a searchable block explorer. NYC offers a completely free worldwide network (no fees to send or receive NYC) with lightning fast transactions. Easy low difficulty mining ensures the NYC network remains free to use. Proven blockchain since 2014.
jamesburrell2 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:03:23 PM

Whitepapers are for coins that haven't been formally implemented or created. Bitcoin's whitepaper preceded Bitcoin's creation.  Many ERC20 tokens without a working product use whitepapers to help people envision their token in the future.  NewYorkCoin is already an existing coin with an existing 4 year old blockchain so there's no need for a whitepaper.
iblistenan

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:11:27 PM

Whitepapers are for coins that haven't been formally implemented or created. Bitcoin's whitepaper preceded Bitcoin's creation.  Many ERC20 tokens without a working product use whitepapers to help people envision their token in the future.  NewYorkCoin is already an existing coin with an existing 4 year old blockchain so there's no need for a whitepaper.
He just curious what the purpose of that coin. even me, i want to read it too. You say this coin dont need whitepaper, are this coin only can be used for purchasing food and drink and pay for gym class that listed on the official website. And do you plan to add more big exchange cause only yobit where this coin can be buy or sell
litethis

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:25:48 PM

Whitepapers are for coins that haven't been formally implemented or created. Bitcoin's whitepaper preceded Bitcoin's creation.  Many ERC20 tokens without a working product use whitepapers to help people envision their token in the future.  NewYorkCoin is already an existing coin with an existing 4 year old blockchain so there's no need for a whitepaper.
He just curious what the purpose of that coin. even me, i want to read it too. You say this coin dont need whitepaper, are this coin only can be used for purchasing food and drink and pay for gym class that listed on the official website. And do you plan to add more big exchange cause only yobit where this coin can be buy or sell

Coinomi placed a post about accepting NYCoin on the site soon (It is currently in their Beta stage and NYCoin can be sent to it). https://twitter.com/CoinomiWallet/status/953774243833090048
jamesburrell2 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:37:58 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 07:40:59 PM by jamesburrell2

@Ilbilistenan - First, this coin isn't owned or run by one person or organization; it's decentralized like Bitcoin so its use cases are governed by what people want to use it for. Second, it's only listed on one exchange today, but with more validated use cases, I think the community believes it will naturally be listed on other exchanges.

Today, I can send NewYorkCoin to friends in France, Romania, Russia or Brazil, within seconds, who could decide to keep it or send it to an exchange to convert to another coin. That's just one use case that I can do now, whereas Stella Lumens needs to build it's network to accomplish what I can already do with NewYorkCoin.

Also, because NewYorkCoin's confirmation times are so quick, I don't need to wait around forever like I do with Bitcoin transactions.

But I'm not here to convince you to buy this coin; I'm a member of the community and I'm volunteering my time to provide updates.  Do your own research and make your own investment decisions with any cryptocurrency that you may acquire.
imagika2

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:33:12 AM

Nice project
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:24:49 PM

I'm hearing about this airdrop, but there's no mention of it on NYC website, official twitter or reddit?
No offence but you're a brand new member, there's no evidence that this is linked to NYC.
Am asking you on twitter to see if I can get verification here!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
grinmoure

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:25:06 PM

How are you complying with NYS' BitLicense?  That should be addressed in your whitepaper.
abendanponch14

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:08:19 PM

its very nice project keep it up dev and god bless
jamesburrell2 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:23:10 PM

I'm hearing about this airdrop, but there's no mention of it on NYC website, official twitter or reddit?
No offence but you're a brand new member, there's no evidence that this is linked to NYC.
Am asking you on twitter to see if I can get verification here!

Here's my verification http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20180205/FEATURES/180209967/the-cryptocurrency-craze-is-a-textbook-investment-bubble#utm_medium=email&utm_source=cnyb-morning10&utm_campaign=cnyb-morning10-20180205  See a photo of me in this article in which I am quoted.
MrSlosh

Activity: 64
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:40:03 PM
Merited by Hobbyist (10)

@grinmoure If I am not mistaken we would not have to fuss about with a bit license. Wikipedia mentions that there are two activities that are excluded from the definition of virtual currency buisness activity,
  • development and dissemination of software in and of itself;
  • merchants and consumers that utilize virtual currency solely for the purchase or sale of goods or services or for investment purposes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitLicense

I would have to dig into the actual language of the law to confirm that.
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:03:13 PM

i like the idea just the name will give it a big community rush and traction i will try to join the telegram channel and will have a further view on this altcoin.
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350

💲

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:10:08 PM

well, not like the other altoins that is for sure. i like the idea of a new cryptocurrencies, closely tied to a place, a lcoation or a city, like new york coin. It brings a feeling of community and friends...i don't know how to say it lol

trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:15:37 PM

Quite interesting news, even though I still know very little about the project, although I do not really respect projects that do not have a global idea. Therefore, I probably do not know much about this project.
MrSlosh

Activity: 64
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:19:25 PM

@Ging The discord channel may be a better place to visit for more extensive and categorized discussion of the coin. I don't know if any of the devs are actually on the Telegram channel. https://discord.gg/qsDF2q
TMCD75

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:26:22 PM

This coin is crazy fast, it blows the doors off of every other coin with its speed alone!! I think with the right team and management, it could be a big time coin. Right now is the time to buy New York Coin!!!
MhizC

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:24:49 AM

This is awesome.. Do you have a white paper for $NYC.. Weldon Dev! Awesome project
rajurathod18

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:50:51 PM

NYC looks awesome but why the developer disappeared? Huh
Xiomara

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:56:09 PM

if we talk about prospects, it seems to me personally that this coin has a chance of success. Accelerated transactions, but the similarity with bitcoin I really liked, I also note that the NYC crypto are used in several institutions in New York. From the shortcomings I note that now this cryptocurrency can only be bought on the YoBit exchange, this caused a drop of doubt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: